Feng Shui: Tips, Practices, and Meaning
All About Fengshui
Feng Shui: Tips, Practices, and Meaning
Whatever the philosophical orientation of a person and no matter where he is coming from and sometimes whether that person realizes it or not, the world is interpreted by symbols. The word worm for example will be interpreted by an English oriented mind as not having four feet and that, which barks.
Similarly, Feng shui uses symbols albeit in a manner that is only more familiar to the oriental mind and those that practices its principles.
Again, speaking of principles, Feng shui is basically attracting nature's positive forces so that the person is more oriented to it and uses its symbols in a way that will be most beneficial to his requirements.
The most powerful of these and most widely in use are symbols for wealth, health, and happiness and long life. Not much different from the desires of cultures with a different set of orientation except that in Feng shui these are augmented by the use of representations.
• To attract money, Feng shui practitioners will hang three coins that are tied together and are attached to door handles especially the front doors. The ribbons that are sued must be red and are cut in increments of 9. The reason for the color red is that it is the color that brings about luck the most and the 9 is the highest number in the numeric sequence (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9), hence ribbons are often cut in 9", 18" 27" etc. In the practice of numerology, the number 9 is similarly believed as having the highest value which by the way did not originate in China but whose practices have similarities in this area.
• It is not uncommon to find Fu dogs in many Chinese residences. Dogs are symbols of protection and guardians of residences. Hence Fu dogs are usually placed on the front steps of residences but if that were not practical, it could also be placed inside the front door.
• In many European mansions and establishments, one can find fountains and waterfalls in the yard and sometimes inside of the house. In Feng shui, these are not only decorative but are means of improving the cashflow. The waterfall is especially beneficial if it is located in the left side corner of the backyard.
• For the mind that is oriented in western thinking, avoiding clutter, mowing the lawn, cleaning up, burning dead flowers and leaves, are ways to healthful living and minimizing accidents aside from aesthetics. For Orientals, these are all of the above but are stretched further by the belief that these practices invite good qi (or chi). Qi is a life force where life or where life comes from.
• A pond in the yard whenever possible or an aquarium near the entrance detracts bad luck when they are filled with 9 fishes eight of which are to be either gold or red (goldfish or carp are the more popular choices) and one is black. The belief is that the gold and reds attracts good fortune while the black one will absorb any misfortune that will be intended for the residents.
The difference lies in the scope, dedication, depth and understanding that its practitioners poured into it.
If you want to grow a plant that is easy to maintain, beautiful and colorful then lilies are the best option for you. Studies show that lilies are considered as one of the most popular flowers in the world along with rose. In fact, it is the fourth most popular flower across the globe. Like other flowers, lilies come in different types, shapes, colors and sizes. More info about Choosing Lilies
Common Ailments with Iguanas That Need Immediate Medical Care
Iguanas also get sick like human beings. You will like to keep your pet iguana healthy and want him to live long. We have discussed here the most common types of sicknesses of iguana that demand prompt vet care and will require suitable medication so that you do not lose your pet. More info about Common Ailments with Iguanas That Need Immediate Medical Care
Feng shui is a Chinese philosophical system of harmonizing the human existence with our surrounding environment. Feng Shui is one of the Five Arts of Chinese Metaphysics, classified as Physiognomy (observation of appearances through formulas and calculations). The Feng Shui practice was created so humans can work with the omnipresent invisible forces that bind the Universe, Earth, and man together, known as Qi/Chi/Energy. The goal of practicing Feng Shui is to improve one's life by first asking what is the problem, as Feng Shui is goal oriented. Depending on the school of Feng Shui, a visual observation is conducted on external surroundings of a building. A calculated analysis using a Luo Pan (special Chinese Compass) and the building's floor plan to create the building chart. By combining the chart information, the environmental data, (location, direction, time, landforms, surrounding buildings) as well as the residence occupier or business owner, a reading is done on the results in order to find the Qi/Chi/Energy flow.
Commercial Real Estate, Dancing With Stars, Dating Services, Deforestation, Energy Efficient Home,ForexTrading, Genealogy, Home Brewing, Iguana, Kickboxing, Lilies, Online Dating, Organic Fertilizer, Recycling, Setting Goals
Useful Articles, Tips and Advise: Commercial Real Estate, Dancing With Stars, Dating Services, Deforestation, Energy Efficient Home, Fengshui, ForexTrading, Genealogy, Home Brewing, Iguana, Kickboxing, Lilies, Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), Online Dating, Organic Fertilizer, Recycling, Setting Goals
Online Home-Based Travel Agency
Metro Manila Financial Jobs and Careers / National Capital Region Area Dealers
| About Us | Site
Map | Terms
of Use, Disclaimer and Copyrights